Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Switched my coupon organization from binder to files!

So, now that school has started up again, I was finding it harder and harder to clip and organize my coupons each week!  They were just piling and piling up, until...I decided to ditch the binder.  Not forever, and not even completely!  But rather than use my precious free time clipping all of my inserts (and my parents inserts the next day, and my neighbors inserts three days later...well, you get the picture,) I decided to try filing.

I bought a bunch of manila file folders, and labeled each with the date and coupon source (smartsource, redplum, proctor & gamble, moments to save, and playskool).  Now, when I am looking for a particular coupon, instead of going to 'personal care' in my binder, I can just look under then date and source.



All of my matchups are listed by date and source.  When I post a deal, it may look something like this:
Bounty Paper Towels $1.59, BOGO
-use $1/2 Bounty, 10/16 P&G

The first line is the item and price/deal.
The second line tells you what coupon it is, the date the insert came out, and the insert name (P&G is Proctor & Gamble)

I know many of my readers also work full time.  If your binder has you 'bound', I urge you to just try filing.  You can pull out the coupons you will actually use when you need them, and still keep the rest in case of good deals, but you are only clipping what you will use! 

I LOVE this system right now!  I may go back to the binder during the summer, but this is much easier for this working mommy!


Happy shopping!!

2 comments:

  1. I do the same thing, only instead of filing, I put them in full size plastic sleeve in a binder. I just label the sleeve with the date and organize them by insert type. It now actually takes up two binders because I have several months worth in there, but very easy to access.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea! I might have to try that! Even if I just put 1 or 2 of each insert, so I can carry everything.

    ReplyDelete