Thursday, December 29, 2011

My Trip: GREAT clearance on shampoo or conditioner at CVS, saved $122.66, spent 32 cents!


When I tried the Head & Shoulders Deal yesterday, I saw some amazing clearance prices on the shelf.  I took some notes, and grabbed my coupons for another trip today.  Here is what I bought:

2 Herbal Essence $2.24 each (saved $2.25 each)
2 Head & Shoulders Extra Volume Shampoo $1.57 each (saved $4.72 each) *(This also produced a $2 ECB for each bottle!!)
1 Dove Shampoo $1.22 (saved $3.67)
4 Pantene big bottle, 25.4 oz shampoos $1.87 each (saved $5.62 each)
3 Pantene expressions shampoos $1.62 each (saved $4.87 each)
3 Pantene restore beautiful lengths shampoos $1.57 each (saved $4.72 each)
2 Pantene restore beautiful lengths conditioners $3.14 each (saved $3.15 each)
1 Beyonce Heat fragrance set $7.49 (saved $7.50)
2 caramels for 33 cents each (so I could use the ECB's...I was a few cents short!)

I used:
$5 Beyonce Heat (November All You)
$1 Dove (home mailer)
(6) $3/2 pantene (11/27 P&G, broke into 2 transactions as to follow the rule of 4 like q's)
$1/2 Herbal Essence (11/27 P&G)
$1/1 Head & Shoulders (P&G home mailer)
$14 in ECB

Total came to 32 cents plus tax!  And that my friends, is how to take advantage of a clearance sale!

My total savings after coupons and clearance sales was....$122.66!!

12 comments:

  1. And you couldn't buy double and give me half?

    ReplyDelete
  2. But since u only got back (2)$2ecb u actually spent $10.32 plus tax... Still not a bad deal just take that into account when figuring savings..

    ReplyDelete
  3. When I post spending, I only take into account what I pay in money. If someone wanted to copy this scenario, and did not have any ECB, their oop would be a little higher. The more ECB you accumulate, the lower the oop would be!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Grant, if I bought Nexxus, I would have given you half. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. how did you get $14 in ECB for this deal? I am new at this.

    Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  6. I accumulated the ECB during previous deals at CVS. You can usually use an ECB for a month before it expires. I shop CVS so much I end up with a lot! You can get ECB from weekly deals, from accumulating $50 in the CVS beauty club, and also from using a Green Bag Tag. See my "How to Shop at CVS post" http://lovinthosecoupons.blogspot.com/2011/08/how-to-shop-at-cvs.html for more info on CVS. You can see the rules at Rite Aid and Walgreens, also at http://lovinthosecoupons.blogspot.com/p/drug-store-how-tos.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, I see now. I thought it was part of the deal when you buy those shampoos. I get it now. Thanks, still like your post! Will go shop now and see if they have anymore...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just came back from 2 24 hrs CVS, none had the special on Pantene Shampoo on clearance. Spoke with the manager and they told me it is probably the zone area. I guess its california!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Aw, yes, all clearance is regional. Once, I had a bunch of friends that found huggies wipes on clearance. I waited and waited, and our price never droppes. Pantene is on sale this week though. Hope you got a decent deal anyway!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just checked, pantene will be 2.99 per bottle in CA starting Sunday. So if you have the 3 dollars off 2 coupon that comes in the paper this weekend, you can get them for 1.50 each. Also, when u spend 30 on certain products including pantene, you'll get a 10 dollar cvs card!
    Sample scenario: buy 10 for 29.90, use 5 3 off 2 coupons, pay 14.90, get 10 dollar cvs card! (Due to the wording on the coupon, u would have to buy 8 and use 4, and then buy 2 and use the last coupon.) My region has the pantene 3 for 9.99.

    ReplyDelete
  11. got it. thanks! I still have about 10 pantene coupons that will expired today. Hopefully CVS will still honor it for tomorrow sales! Any advise on this?

    ReplyDelete
  12. There are more of the3 off 2 coming tomorrow. Also call your localstore, some stores start their sunday sales on sat night!

    ReplyDelete