Friday, July 20, 2012

Quick and Delicious Potato Recipe



Right before the great $5/$20 Frozen Food Price Chopper coupon and $5 catalina wyb $20 select PC items, I was looking through my freezer, trying to figure out how to make more room.  I was tired of pasta dishes, and it was too hot to throw fries in the oven!  I grabbed some ribs to throw in the crock pot (BOGO Free sale combined with $5/$20 meat PC coupon from a previous sale), plus some BBQ sauce to add at the end (FREE w/ q), but I needed a side to go with them.

I had McCain Purely Potatoes (sliced potatoes), and a bag of frozen peppers & onions (Hanover silver line), that were both FREE with doublers during the previous Price Chopper doubling event. 

I thawed the potatoes slightly, and set to figuring out what to do.  I heated some Olive Oil in a pan, added the potatoes and veggies, and let them sautee until the potatoes were soft enough to bite.  Then, I sprinkled in some bread crumbs and pepper.  YUM, YUM, YUM.

Every member of my family raved about dinner this night! LOL  It was a nice change from our usual, and was quick, hearty and filling!  Plus, I cleared up some room for the waffles, frozen fruit, popsicles, and ice cream I was planning to purchase!

What meal ideas do you have to make room in your freezer?


Please support this site by using the links provided!

No comments:

Post a Comment