Friday, October 26, 2012

Quick and Easy (and Healthy) Coupon Meal!

I sometimes get items free with coupons, and am not sure what to make with them!  I have tons of cheap/freebie canned and frozen veggies, and I get bored just preparing them with no special flare.  I was able to grab a few Green Giant Steamers FREE with doublers at Price Chopper recently, and I threw together a delicious meal tonight!

 
 
I used:

1 package Seasoned Steamers Broccoli (shown above), FREE
1 box angelhair pasta, FREE
1 tbsp Filippo Berio Olive Oil $2.99 at CVS for whole bottle, so about 25 cents for this meal
1/2 stick butter $1.68 for whole box, so 21 cents for this meal
salt and pepper to taste

I microwaved the veggies according to the package.  I prepared the angel hair, which only had to boil for 5 minutes.  After draining, I threw in the broccoli (already seasoned), the olive oil, butter, salt, and pepper. 



Total time: 15 minutes

Total price: Less than $1!!

My 10 year old RAVED about this, lol.  Not very creative, but light and healthy (aside from the butter.)  We were getting tired of tomato sauce, so this was a GREAT alternative!  T




Please support this site by using the links provided!

No comments:

Post a Comment